Monday, March 31, 2008

Deceptively Delicious for Monday Meal Planning




I just got this new book by Jessica Seinfeld from our school book fair. I had tried a recipe from a friend, Steph and really wanted my own. I plan to use this cookbook more and more because me and vegetables don't too much get along (but I'm trying!). Kaelin on the other hand, is a great eater.

I made these muffins this weekend. They're called Applesauce muffins and they have this yummy crunchy, sweet topping made from old fashioned oats and brown sugar (and a little butter or margarine). Inside the muffins there, of course, is applesauce and then the deception!! Pureed carrots!! They are really yummy and I'll share another recipe when I get around to trying some more.



5 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh, those sound (and look!) SO good! i'll have to try them for sure once you share that delicious recipe! :)

30 Minute Mommy said...

I have that book too. My mom bought it for me for Christmas! I have yet to try any out. Thanks for sharing.

Pam said...

Thanks for sharing! those look yummy (and healthy!)

Heather said...

I have that cookbook too and I LOVE IT!! The turkey chili recipe is my fave chili now.

Have a great day!

tara said...

YUMMY! Looks good! I've made applesauce muffins but not w/ carrots inside . . . bet they tasted good. I should try that stuff out on my husband b/c Ellie (like Kaelin) is also a very good eater!