Tuesday, March 18, 2008

An Innocent Heart Murmur


DH took Kaelin to the doctor last Friday for her 1-year shots. While she was there, the doctor noticed a heart murmur. At first at the mention of the word "heart" I panicked, but only for about 3 seconds. I quickly learned that heart murmurs are very common in children under the age of 15 and do not pose any threat unless they get louder. Our doctor explained it as the heart making an extra noise while it pumped. He said it could disappear tomorrow, or years down the road.

4 comments:

tara said...

I'm glad to hear it's not serious - and WOW - what a little cutie you have there!

Lori said...

those types of comments make your heart stop and your throat dry... hope it goes away quickly!

Andrea said...

Yeah...heart murmers are super common now! I actually found out that I even have one...and apparently it gets worse when you're pregnant...and they found it when I was pregnant...so yeah. Anyways, I'm glad it's not serious - I've heard of TONS of kids/adults who have heart murmers that never turn serious, so at least that's encouraging!

30 Minute Mommy said...

Cute pic! It reminds me of when I was little and I used to ride my smurf big wheel in the house. Glad the murmur is nothing to fret over!