Monday, March 10, 2008

Meal Planning Monday


I would love to do this each week. But unfortunately I usually put off going to the grocery store all weekend because I know that it is going to be crazy busy there and then Monday rolls around and we have nothing to eat. That's what happened today. I came home from work and realized that we didn't have really anything for dinner. So, off I went to the store. This week is going to be a themed week at our house. The theme is "frozen food." The rule is, as long as you're putting something in the stove, oven or microwave, it still counts as cooking! If you have any suggestions for me when it comes to meal planning, please make a comment and help me out!

4 comments:

Lori said...

My husband and I sit down on Thursday nights and plan out the week's menu. I do my grocery shopping on Fridays. I also always have stuff in the freezer for those nights we just don't feel like anything that we've got planned already.

I really like doing it this way as I don't have as much to think about as far as food preparation each day. I just have to decide what I'm in the mood to eat/ make

Andrea said...

I never do meal planning...but I sure know it would be a lot easier if I did! Because I find myself scrambling for ideas at the last minute a lot...

30 Minute Mommy said...

We always do the shopping on Sunday. This is a habit we need to change because the store is super busy. I made a big check list of staples and we run through and check off what we need. Then I add anything extra for my meals. I call the check list the Danielle Check just like Alice on the Brady Bunch did the Alice check. If it is good enough for the Brady Bunch- IT IS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME. Since going Vegan I don't have a lot of recipes and have been scrambling myself.

Amber said...

Thanks for the tips, ladies! Lori, I need to get on the bandwagon with you...you sound so organized!