Monday, April 7, 2008

Babywearing Becoming Mainstream?


I love to wear my girl out ANYWHERE! She is close to me and she can view the world safely. Most of the time we get compliments on our carriers like, "Oh! What a great idea...wish they had that when mine were little!" But sometimes, we get funny looks and stares, like people can't figure out why my baby is in a backpack on my back?

I think babywearing is starting to really catch on, though. You see more and more celebrities wearing their babes and sometimes, you even see characters in tv shows babywearing. Last week, while watching an episode of "House Hunters" on HGTV, I saw a mom wearing her baby in a wrap! I was so excited! I wanted to go log on to thebabywearer.com right away and tell the mamas in the forums, but I restrained myself because I wanted to see if they were going to show her wrapping again!

5 comments:

Leigh said...

great post! it's so exciting to see babywearing catching on.

SaraLynn said...

How fun!
It looks so cute too!

30 Minute Mommy said...

I get weird looks too! I see it is an oppurtunity to teach people about baby wearing. I wonder if my mom saw that on house hunters. She is always watching that show.

Christine said...

Babywearing is such a great thing. I'm glad more moms are doing it.

tara said...

You think YOU get weird looks - try being 7 months pregnant and wearing your 15 month old!