Thursday, April 3, 2008

A Leaky Diaper and a Check in the Mail


Over the weekend, I was playing with Kaelin on the living room floor. She was on my back riding me like a horse and suddenly I felt a wetness on my back. I asked my husband about it and he could see that my shirt was wet and then we saw that Kaelin's pants were also wet! Uh-Oh! I took her diaper off and saw that the elastic had broken. I changed her diaper and her pants and it wasn't long before the same thing happened again! I guess I'm not too bright because it happened a 3rd time before I figured out there was a bigger problem at hand.

On Monday, I called Pampers and spoke to a VERY friendly and helpful woman who asked me a series of detailed questions about what happened to the diapers in question. They offered to replace the entire case of diapers that were affected, so I'm getting a check from Pampers for $30 for my trouble, plus some coupons!

I always try to give feedback to companies good or bad to help them and help other customers...this time it paid off, literally!

7 comments:

Missy said...

I once got a pack of Huggies that were missing tabs on one side - I guess that I should have called them, but instead we just whipped out the making tape. Good for you for calling them out!

30 Minute Mommy said...

Good! They should refund your money. I prefer Pampers Swaddlers. I do have friends who do not like the Baby Dry as much as Swaddlers but I am not sure why. My mom just bought cruisers so I will see how they work out. OH- and I am sorry you got pee'd on playing horsie!

SaraLynn said...

Wow! That is really cool!

Dana said...

Atleast they are sending you a refund check, that's pretty cool!!! I mean they are a big corporation, thats the least they could do - i mean, they didn't get peed on!

Amber said...

I've been thinking on cloth diapering lately, but I probably won't end up taking the plunge!

Andrea said...

That's awesome! It does pay to "complain" nicely :) sometimes! :)

The Happy Housewife said...

I had two bags of bad pampers and they didn't do anything. They told me it was the stores fault for storing them improperly... I am glad your story ended differently.