Friday, April 11, 2008

An Unwelcome Question...


I know it's been forever since I posted...I've just really been into enjoying my week off with my daughter and it has been more than wonderful!

Here's a quick story that will hopefully shock and appaul you:

My husband was weeding the front yard and Kaelin and I were keeping him company and playing in the yard as well. My neighbor (who is a 31 year old bachelor) drove into his driveway and came out to talk to us and play with Kaelin. He'd been hanging out for maybe a couple of minutes when he asks me the most shocking question ever, "Are you pregnant again, Amber?" WHAT?!?!

I'm definitely not pregnant and I asked him if he had lost his mind asking me that question. Luckily I was able to laugh about it (I've heard lots of women say they cried when they got that question), but what man doesn't know that that question is shark infested waters? He tried to explain why he had asked it...I was wearing a baggy T shirt and bending over to chase Kaelin, etc, etc. DH and I let him know (for future reference) that it didn't matter, that is not an OK question to ask any woman unless you see the baby coming out of them!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

oops!! Yeah, I've never had that happen to me (yet!) but I have had friends that were asked if they were pregnant when they weren't - and sometimes by ladies too! Yikes...sometimes I wonder why people even bother asking when it's not REALLY REALLY obvious. Oh well.

Dana said...

NO!!! That is soooo not an OK question to ask any woman... Does he wonder why he is a bachelor, lol?

Some men are just clueless, aren't they..

Hope you enjoy your weekend!

30 Minute Mommy said...

Men are thick! I won't ever, ever ask that question. It is just rude! Glad you enjoyed your time off.

SaraLynn said...

Oh no....glad you were able to laugh and set him straight! I am a wuss...i probably would've cried..hehe