Saturday, May 31, 2008

School is Out!


School actually got out LAST Friday, but I had to go in this week to finish things up and move my classroom upstairs for next year. I am so thankful for this year being over and really hope that after next year, I'll be able to take some time away from teaching to be with Kaelin at home. She is growing soooo fast! We went for her 15 month checkup yesterday (the first time I've gotten to take her to a doctor's appointment in a whole year!) and she's doing great! She still has the heart murmur, but the doctor says it sounds like a perfectly normal one.

She weighed in at 21 lbs. 4 oz. and measured 31 1/4". She has REALLY started to grow rapidly since she began eating table food! She was so small for so long. People couldn't believe she was the age she was! But that is behind us! Poor baby got 2 shots. One for Chicken Pox and one for meningitis/pneumonia. I wish I knew more about what shots are absolutely necessary and which are voluntary, but I don't, so I just went ahead with them.

At 15 months, Kaelin still takes a morning nap at 10am and an afternoon nap at 3pm. Sometimes each nap is 2 hours long! I'm so thankful. It allows me to get some work done for Heavenly Hold. She goes to bed each night at 8pm, too! What a good little girl! I love her so much!

6 comments:

seeryusfam@msn.com said...

She's such a doll! Sounds like she's growing really well.

I too like to hold on tight to my kiddies...I hate that they grow so fast!

Andrea said...

That's awesome that you're done the school year and can now have all that time to spend with your little girl. :) I hate that they grow so fast too...I am treasuring EVERY second with my newborn little Emily now because I know that before I know it she'll be running around like Tate, and with Tate too because before I know it he'll be starting school! Yikes!

Pam said...

she is growing so quickly!! I wish my school year was over! It will be this Thursday- but then I have to move to my new school too.

Lori said...

I hope you enjoy your time with your little one this summer. they change and grow so fast!

Dana said...

you are sooo lucky school's out!! I have 2 more weeks...

Danielle said...

I am so jealous! Enjoy every minute with your little angel! You are lucky she takes such awesome naps. Sometimes Eliza only goes down for 20 minutes!