Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Airport and Travel Strategy


Tomorrow, Kaelin and I will be on a flight from Atlanta to San Francisco to visit my parents in my sweet hometown of Newman, CA! We're soooo excited. The Grands haven't seen Kaelins since October and my Grandma hasn't seen her since she was 5 months old!!

What I'm not excited about is travelling alone with a toddler. I do have a strategy, though! This is what I'll be doing to move throughout the airport: Wearing Kaelin on my back in the Action Baby Carrier, pushing our stroller and inside the stroller will be the carseat and the diaper bag. Sounds like a plan, huh!? I'm sure I'll be a sight! The ABC will be a real help in the airport.

While I'm on the plane, I'm going to put her on my front in the Action Baby Carrier if she's fussy and won't sleep. She may sleep on my chest that way. My last resort (already OK'd by the pediatrician) is to give her some Benadryl...I hate to do this, though!

We have a 5 hour direct flight, so pray for our safe travel on Wednesday! Thanks!

11 comments:

Missy said...

good luck! My kids always traveled fine at that age, and I did go on a couple of flights by myself with Emmy. It's when they get to be closer to 18 months that they are awful to travel with.... ugh, we just had a TERRIBLE time on our trip. You will be fine though - Have a fun trip!

Pam said...

I always feel better when I have a plan! Good luck!

Danielle said...

I'll be thinking of you! I hope all goes well

tara said...

Flown alone w/ Ellie TWICE now and it's always an adventure. ONE huge suggestion . . . you may want to think about your plan for going to the bathroom. In the airport put her in the stroller & use the handicapped stall. Then when you are on the plane find a nice person OR stewardess to play w/ Kaelin when you have to utilize the facilities there. I found needing to use the bathroom my hardest part of the trips.

Good luck and I really, really, really, hope I get to see you. We'll be in the same time zone so call me any time after 7pm...

LOVE YOU!

Dana said...

I hope you have a safe flight.. And enjoy your stay with your parents - i'm jealous; I want to go to Cali!!

Mommy Mechanics said...

I will definitely pray for you. I hope your travel goes well and you guys have a wonderful time.

Andrea said...

I hope you have a great trip...and an easy time on the flight! And I love your plan of wearing your girl and pushing the stroller with all the gear in it! I'd do the same thing!

Momma On The Go said...

Good luck! I've always been super lucky traveling with Madison. Never needed to resort to benadryl but I always had it close by just in case. It is great that you have a plan. That will definately help out if everything isn't going perfectly! Can't wait to hear how your trip goes. have fun!

Genny said...

Hope you are having a nice trip! Flying with kids has always been fun for us, luckily. They love it.

Dana said...

hope you had a safe flight!!

Amber said...

We're here and made it safely and happily, enough! Thanks for your advice and ideas!