Thursday, June 12, 2008

California Dreamin'

We're here in Newman and enjoying ourselves. The flight went VERY well. I kept Kaelin occupied for about 45 minutes and then tried to get her to go to sleep on me...no luck. She was really tired but distracted by all the people around her (we did not get an extra seat for her and her car seat). I begrudgingly gave her some Benadryl and then took her to the back of the plane in the flight attendant area and just rocked her. She was out like a light! She slept on me for a good TWO HOURS!

We walked up and down the aisle of the plane LOTS of times. She was extremely curious to find out what was behind that curtain in the front of the plane (first class). I felt like they were hiding the "Great Oz" back there. Everytime she'd try to snatch the curtain, I would swoop her up and she'd start kicking her legs and complaining. Does she already know what first class is?

We had lots of snacks, new toys to play with, and unfortunately an old man's hair to pull in front of us. At the end of the flight I was exhausted, but I got several compliments on how well behaved Kaelin was!

I met two really sweet ladies on the flight. One was from San Francisco and coming home and she noticed me wearing Kaelin right away and asked about the carrier. It was my Action Baby Carrier. She had a 7 month old son and was already a babywearer!! How cool?! She got on Heavenly Hold on the plane ordered herself a carrier straight away. She got the pretty Larissa print.

Then I met another lady who was sooo excited because she was on her way with her husband and son to adopt her new daughter from China! They were all from Georgia, too. I got to chat a lot with this lady because she sat near Kaelin and I. It was cool because her daughter was 13 mos...very close to Kaelin's age and we chatted a lot about babies.

I'm working on getting Kaelin on Pacific time and she's doing well so far...I'll check in when I can with pics of our doings and travels!

11 comments:

Pam said...

I am so glad that it went so well. What a great kid you have! And hey- you got an order out of it too! Awesome! I hope everything goes great while you are there and for the return trip home.

Andrea said...

I'm glad you made it there alright...and way to go on selling a baby carrier from your site during the flight! Yay! :)

LindaG. said...

Glad your flight went well! Congrats for making a sale on the flight, haha.

tara said...

Give me a call some time since we are in the same time zone! I'm really hoping it will work out for us to see you. Tomorrow's the due date . . . when will this baby come???

p.s. say "hi" to your family for me :)

Dana said...

I am happy to hear that the trip to California went smoothly!!

It's great that you met nice people on the plane.. That couple must be so excited to see their little girl from China!!

PS- you rock!! A sale on the flight.. Way to go!

Danielle said...

Sounds like things are going well so far. That is awesome that the lady on the plane bought a carrier. I feel the itch myself. Might have to scratch soon.

Kymber said...

I am also glad that you made it safely to Newman. I am going to be there this weekend. Maybe I will call you at your parents and try to come by to see you and meet your pretty girl! Hope to see you soon!

Mommy Mechanics said...

Sounds like the flight went really well. I love it when you get to sit near people with other little ones cause you know they understand and it makes for great company.

Heather said...

Glad that your travel is going well. I love talking to people about babywearing when I'm out with Ladybug.

Just today at the post office I got two compliments on my ring sling. Plus my chiropractor is a huge fan of babywearing since it distributes baby's weight more evenly.

Genny said...

The "old man's hair in front of us" had me cracking up! Too funny. Well, maybe not for him.

Amber said...

Sorry I'm so out of it with blogging...I'll do better in July!