Friday, June 6, 2008

Kids and Babywearing




My stepson Jordan has observed me wearing Kaelin quite often. He was asking quite a few questions about my stash, so I asked him if he wanted to try wearing her. He enthusiastically responded, "Sure!" Keep in mind he is 13, but only weighs 67 lbs. Kaelin is 21 lbs.

He tried on my AMC II (Active Mom Carrier) and we adjusted it ALL the way down in the hips and the shoulders and, it fit him! He loved wearing her and she loved it too. We had to make a trip to the bathroom so they could both see themselves in the mirror!

Yesterday, I tried to put on my Ergo to do some mopping in the kitchen. I noticed that my Ergo was suspiciously small...Did I lose some weight? Nope! Hmmmm....

6 comments:

Pam said...

that is so sweet!

Andrea said...

Aww! That is adorable! Hopefully this'll make him love babywearing for life too!

Momma On The Go said...

That's great that your stepson is so interested in Kaelin. I kind of have to think that most 13 year old boys would have no interest at even learning what baby wearing is!

Danielle said...

That is awesome! I can't wait for ERliza to be old enough to hold a baby doll in a sling. Maybe I will let me thirteen your old niece wear Eliza this summer. I think Heather is working on something for you.

Dana said...

oh very cool.... that is so awesome he has such an intrest...

Adventures In Babywearing said...

That carrier looks really neat actually! I am wondering if my oldest will be able to wear the new baby- I know he'll want to!

Steph