Thursday, June 5, 2008

Pool Fun!



Today Jordan (DSS) and Kaelin and I went to a neighborhood across the way to visit our friend Bennett and his mama, Amy. We took our friends from our neighborhood, Steph, Gracie and Charlie.

We all met at Amy and Bennett's pool for a picnic lunch and some swimming. It was GREAT! I wish we had a pool in our neighborhood! I got Kaelin her very own little float that looks like a flower. It has a canopy to keep her shaded and a mesh surrounding piece that you can put toys on! She was happy in it for a bit, but then wanted to do some more pool exploring. I dunked her twice and she did fine. Steph gave me a tip I hadn't heard of: Count 1, 2, 3! Then blow in the baby's face. This will cause them to take a breath before you dunk them. I did it with Kaelin and it worked. I also started her jumping in from the side of the pool (with help, of course!).

She is napping HARD right now. She pretty much crashed when we got home. Swimming is the best way to get a baby to sleep well!

7 comments:

Pam said...

I love the pool! My kids do too. I am going to have to look for one of those floating things for my son. My daughter can swim, but of course he is too little. Then I won't have to fold him the whole time. (of course I will stay right there with him, but save my arms.) He loves to splash and play around in the water too.

Missy said...

What a cool baby float! I really wish we had a neighborhood pool here. I drove by one today and I couldn't help but stare in envy at the beautiful cool water, wondering if anyone would notice if me and the kids jumped the fence.... ahh, it is so freakin hot!

Dana said...

that really is a cool baby float... she looks so happy and content in the pool.. I'm glad she is napping well for you!! That's always a plus@

Amber said...

Missy...you should try to make friends with people who have neighborhood pools! haha

Danielle said...

It looks like you had a great time. I love her pool float. I need to get one for E. Where did you get it? Swim class really tires E out. I am sure your LO had a great nap.

charlie&gracie said...

we had so much fun today!! thanks for letting us tag along!

Andrea said...

I agree...fresh air and water tire a baby out fast!! It looks like she had a blast though! :)