Monday, July 14, 2008

A Day at the Park and Growing Independence

It's so hot and humid here I can only stand to be outside about 30-45 minutes during the day. So, we went to a park close by to enjoy some outdoor fun. Kaelin and Jordan had a great time together! This first pic is of Kaelin going down the slide by herself and right after I snapped this picture, she did a somersault and went down the rest of the way face first! You can kind of see how her shoe is getting caught on the side!
Kaelin is almost 17 months old, but I think she believes that she is 5 years old. She wants to do EVERYTHING on her own. Whenever I try to put my hand around her belly to steady her or help her (like Jordan is in the picture), she will move my hands off of her! I'm really not ready to give her the amount of independence she is starting to demand!

8 comments:

Lori said...

way to grow!

Missy said...

The independence thing will only get worse, just a warning. :)

Kmommy said...

How adorable! My little girl is also quite independent! It must be that girls are a little moreso than boys.

Andrea said...

Yeah...Tate isn't very independent (at least not in the way that he'll push my hands off and stuff) yet...some days he wants my help with EVERYTHING...and those days it would be nice if he could have a bit more independence. ;)

Dana said...

sooo cute... Gotta love the slide...

Genny said...

So cute! What a fun day.

Danielle said...

Great pics! Elzia does not want help from me and she is only 10 months old! They certainly grow up too fast.

Life with Spirit said...

Look at those chunky thighs!!! I miss that! This is my favorite age. Still baby but definately a toddler and not preschooler yet. Yum! I can just eat that up!