Friday, September 19, 2008

DH's and My Courtship...


...was very short! Adrian and I met via an online dating site. I was wary of this avenue, but had a friend who met a great guy and married him this way. She encouraged me to try it, so I did! I met 3 very nice men and my friend (the one who married her online match) looooved Man #3. I, on the other hand, felt no chemistry with him. But my friend continued to point out all his great qualities and pushed me to give it "just one more date" (more than once). I met Adrian the same week, I had given Man #3 another chance.

We met in downtown Atlanta and went to a free concert in Centennial Olympic Park. We had both discussed our faith and how it was first in our lives and I suggested that we pray together before our date. It felt right.

We shook hands at the end of our date (yes, shook hands!! not even a hug?!?!) and we were engaged 3 weeks later! We were married another month after that! How's that for quick!?

7 comments:

MoziEsmé said...

Wow - all goes to show it's quality and not quantity that counts . . .

Lori said...

when it's right... it's right

Danielle said...

That is a wonderful story. Thanks for sharing. I knew the moment I saw Pete he was the one. He just didn't know it yet- haha

Andrea said...

Great story...I have another friend who basically did the same thing and it worked out for her too! :)

Andrea said...

Hi again! You won a contest on my blog from this past week! I just picked your name...and I emailed you with the details. :)

Dana said...

that is such a sweet story!! I don't think time matters - it's the connection and how you get along..
The moment I met Brian I knew he was the 1!

Missy said...

I love that story - short and sweet, works every time. :)