Monday, July 21, 2008

My Beautiful Girl

This is a picture of Kaelin and I from last summer...what a distance we have come! Mommy's lost her long hair and Kaelin has tripled in size and gotten quite a bit of hair. Today was my birthday and it was a really quiet day. We ended up hanging around the house all day waiting on the air conditioner repair people. We tried to make it to a library program at our local library, but it didn't happen because of the AC situation.

We did have a fun day together, though (of course). We made.....play doh!! We used the age old recipe:

1 cup flour
1 cup water
1/2 c. salt
2 t. cream of tartar
1 t. vegetable oil

Mix all ingredients together and cook for 3 minutes on stove over low heat.

I took a couple of pics and will post soon. Kaelin was only entertained by the play-doh activity for about 10 minutes, but I'm not giving up yet! I will keep introducing it and hopefully she'll like it someday soon! Of course, she tried to eat it and found out how salty and yucky it tasted!

Dinner was (free) at Provino's italian restaurant. I also signed up for a whole bunch of other freebies for Adrian and I for next year's birthdays from the previous post. Hope some other people do the same!

6 comments:

Pam said...

Glad you had a calm and relaxing day on your birthday. I really need to get around to making playdough with Ashlyn.....she would love it, but I have been lazy about it.

Courtney said...

We do edible playdoh... 1 c peanut butter, 1 cup dried milk, 1/2 cup honey. Add flour as needed for consistency. It tastes like peanut butter cookies! Mmmmm

Danielle said...

Yay for making play doh! I am glad you had a calm birthday and best of all a FREE dinner. They alwasy taste better when they are free.

tara said...

did you get your AC fixed? We've been waiting for almost 4 weeks now for the owners to fix ours. Fortunately it hasn't been too hot this summer & we live on the bottom floor. It went out the day Josiah was born.

Andrea said...

Playdough! How fun. :) The last time (and the first time! haha) I made playdough for Tate all he wanted to do was eat it!! So I think he might be more into it now...I should try making it again. :)

Dana said...

I love making play doh with the kids.. They love it too!