Thursday, July 10, 2008

My Favorite Part of the Trip to CA-NV


My absolute favorite part of the trip to visit my family was Adrian (DH) babywearing!! Adrian actually suggested that when we went to Lake Tahoe and Smith Valley for 4 days, that we NOT take a stroller! This is not like him! He is all about pushing Kaelin in the stroller! He has said from time to time that he would wear Kaelin, but when it comes time to break out the carrier, he always has an excuse. Mainly, he thinks he wouldn't look as "manly."

But, when he suggested that we not even pack the stroller, to leave it at my Mom and Dad's house, I was shocked! And I guess my expression showed it because he immediately followed it up with, I'll wear her (he even said "wear"!). I thought, yeah right, I'll be the one wearing her...but I'm OK with that. I love my extra close snuggle time with Kaelin.
So, when we arrived in Tahoe and got settled in our hotel room (which we got upgraded to a suite for FREE!), we got ready to go out and check things out. Adrian picked up my Action Baby Carrier and starting letting the buckles out to put it on! I was beyond excited! I gladly helped him adjust things and then I helped him get her in a back carry. It was great!

Even more fantastic, were his comments while he was wearing her. He said, "This is kinda cool! Every time she moves her arm or hand, it feels kinda weird, but I like it! It makes me think that maybe this was how you felt when you were pregnant with her and she moved inside of you!"

So, if you want your DH to try to understand or get to share in how it might feel to be PG (or just get some extra close time with your LO) introduce them to babywearing!! Oh, and don't forget to get a carrier from Heavenly Hold!

8 comments:

Missy said...

I will say that my husband Ray did carry Pooky around last summer when he was still little in a backpack type of thing that we borrowed from a friend for a few hours, and it worked out great! I think it is very manly!

Pam said...

good for him! That is great that he came around to giving it a try - and he liked it! woo hoo!

Andrea said...

That is so cool! My hubby will wear Tate...but only with certain carriers - they have to look "masculine-ish!" haha. :)

Danielle said...

awe! yay!

Suzie said...

I use an ergo. I love it now the baby is getting to be a lot bigger, My hubby can figure it out though. It "make him feel funny"he uses the bjorin which just breaks my back

Genny said...

So great! And I love how you said (over at heavenlyhold) that "babies are meant to be rejoiced over"!

Dana said...

that's awesome... good for your hubby!! he looks great wearing her!

Heather @ Not a DIY Life said...

I have a mei tai on the way so I'm hoping that Hubby will wear Ladybug more when it arrives. My ring sling is a little too feminine for him.