Thursday, July 17, 2008

There's a Beheaded....What?

When I went outside Wednesday morning to get Kaelin's swim socks, I was initially puzzled by what I saw. I saw a small, furry lump in the middle of our backyard lawn. I thought it might still be alive, so I just watched it for a minute, but nope....we had a flatliner here.

Whatever it was had to be dealt with, so I approached the furry lump and tried to see what it was...well, ahem, it was a little difficult to see what it was because it was decapitated! Upon further inspection, I realized that it was a baby bunny! Oh! How sad! Why am I more sad about it being a baby bunny than a squirrel? I don't know, they're both God's creatures, but I am!

I got the shovel and a plastic bag and "took care" of the little fellow. I have a strong suspect in mind for the crime of killing this little furry bundle. I'll give you a hint...he has 4 legs, a long tail and whiskers!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Aww! Poor 'lil bunny...baby bunnies are SO cute...so I can see why you would be sad to find a dead baby bunny!!

Pam said...

Oh! That is sad! I am more sad it is a bunny then a squirrel too! I had a bunny as a pet as a kid- never had a squirrel as a pet- maybe that is why.

Danielle said...

Oh better you than me. I don't know if I would have handled that well. I am a softy when it comes to furry friends.

Ronnica said...

I can't help but think about the time that I found a dead rabbit on the sidewalk which prompted the boys I was sitting to scream "It ate its butt!" Because, well, something had eaten its butt.

Heather @ Not a DIY Life said...

When I was growing up, I had a cat who was a very competent hunter. She would always bring parts of her prey to the front porch. Ick.