Sunday, August 24, 2008

Locked Out!

My first time ever...honest! Kaelin and I were playing outside all afternoon yesterday because the weather was so pleasantly cool...I guess because of Fay? Adrian had gone to the University of Georgia for the day to visit his sister. I went inside to grab a carrier to pop Kaelin into because I felt like taking a stroll through the neighborhood and ooops!! The door to the kitchen was locked...and so was every other door! I went across the street to my neighbor's house and this was how she answered the door with an annoyed look on her face, "What do you need?" Mind you it had just started to sprinkle! No "hi!" "nice to see ya!" just "what do you need?" I just asked to use the phone to call Adrian to see how close he was. He wasn't close at all. I didn't feel welcome at the neighbor's so I went next door to our bachelor (soon to be married) neighbor who asked me if I was PG again b/c he said my stomach looked big!! I know, men! Anyway, he wasn't home. Luckily, our best neighborhood buddies were! Thank heavens! I had a friend to talk to and Kaelin had her friend Gracie to play with! Thanks for saving the day, friends!

Have you ever locked yourself out...or am I the only one?

6 comments:

Lori said...

oh no! that's no fun. I have never done that, pretty much couldn't because we only have dead bolt locks so you have to lock them on the side you are on. I sometimes worry that Blake will lock me out so we now have a key hidden outside just for that reason

Andrea said...

Yep, I've locked myself out - luckily it was BEFORE we had kids! It would definitely be worse now with 2 kiddos...at least Tate loves being outside though, so I guess he wouldn't be complaining! haha. :)

Dana said...

Shheeshh.. That was a RUDE neighbor... I hate people like that.. Good thing you have a best buddy that lives close by!!

Missy said...

I have done that, before kids, and I had to climb through my bedroom window, which happened to be unlocked.
I agree with Dana - what a rude neighbor!

Danielle said...

I did it once this summer! It is never any fun!

tara said...

you know I've locked myself out too many times . . . it's the worst w/ kids!