Friday, November 7, 2008

Kaelin Are You Hungry?



Lately, my daughter has not been a very good eater. Off and on this has happened, but we've been "off" for a while now. Monday was lasagnae (yum!) and she shook her head and refused and disdainfully shouted "NO!" Kaelin ate a few carrots and some strawberry applesauce...or rather "drank some applesauce" as seems to be her new thing.

Last night I made a great creation! Potatoes O'Brien, Smoked Turkey Sausage, green and red chopped peppers and eggs and cheese all cooked on the skillet together. I actually got a little excited because I thought she was going to eat some turkey sausage and eggs because she grabbed right for them, but...they ended up on the floor. Kaelin ate: mozzarella cheese, crackers and mandarin oranges.

I tried just not giving her anything and letting her be angry and have to sit in her high chair, but she DOES NOT give in.

9 comments:

Lori said...

I learned with Blake that I just offer the things I know he will eat along with somethings that are new... he will often try the new things when he finishes eating the known item. other times he just refuses to try all together

Heather @ Not a DIY Life said...

I am not looking forward to this stage. So far, we haven't had this. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Danielle said...

No lasagna! whoa. E likes some things one day and then not the next. I think that is pretty typical. I just keep offering and hope for the best. She will always eat cheese, toast, peas, noodles, and fruit- so I keep some on standby! Let us know how it goes.

Tracy said...

Madison is the same way too. She'll be hooked on one thing for the longest time and then suddenly refuse to eat it anymore. Some times I feel like it is a guessing game as to what she'll eat. On the upside it is definatley getting better now that she is getting older and understands more. Good luck!

Linda G. said...

This is very normal at Kaelin's age. An EXCELLENT book is "My Child Won't Eat: How to Prevent and Solve the Problem" by Carlos Gonzalez, PhD. It's a LLL book. I encourage you to check it out!

Amber said...

Thanks for all the advice and comforting words!!

Dana said...

such a cutie as always!!

Life with Spirit said...

oh the joys of toddlerhood. It continues to preschoolerhood though its better now. :)

tara said...

Check out this website . . . www.wholesometoddlerfood.com I'm experiencing a pickier eater as well. You might find some good tips here and some other tidbits :)