Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Pee Pee in the Potty!


Kaelin has started REALLY becoming interested in the potty. She has been going potty in it at night around her bathtime, but this past weekend, she hardly wet a diaper! This was a shock for me! I am not sure I was ready, but I was taking her up and down those stairs constantly! We will probably not go full force potty training until I can be home with her for an extended amount of time, though.

If she pees in the potty she gets one M & M (which she refers to as "nani" aka candy). She was really proud of herself over the weekend and proclaimed, "Yeah, I did it!"

Now, I'd like to start getting her some trainers...I am not excited about getting Pull Ups. My favorite so far are Blueberry's! But they're EXPENSIVE!! I'm also looking at the Snap Ez and some on Etsy....any thoughts to share with me about potty training?

7 comments:

Danielle said...

we haven't gotten that far yet. I didn't realize they made cloth pull ups. will def. have to check that out.

Lori said...

My little guy has little interest in potty training so you are ahead of me! But, it sounds like she is on the right path

Pierrette said...

Those are some snazzy little pants,,, We are planning on introducing the potty in a month when he turns 12 months for poos only, so I have not looked at pull ups yet because he will still be in diapers. We are hopping for early potty training but this is up to Christophe really.

Andrea said...

That's awesome that she's so interested in potty training...and I say, if she wants to do it, do it! :) Otherwise you might miss the boat and it'll be lot harder to train her if she doesn't want to do it...

As for training pants...that pic. you have on there is super cute! I actually just used plain old training pants from walmart...they had no waterproof liner on them or anything. It only took Tate 2-3 times of wetting himself (and hating it!) to realize that he couldn't pee in them. They worked really well and were cheap too. :)

Dana said...

those are so cute!!!

sounds like she is doing a great job!! guess she likes the nani's.. lol

Missy said...

wow, that is awesome that she is interested! Pooky refuses to go near the potty, and after the year and a half marathon training we had with emmy, I am in no hurry. I figure he will let me know when he is ready. Good luck!

Charndra said...

Here are a bunch of good trainers:
http://www.parttimeec.com/ec-pants-training-pants-shops-directory.htm

Oh, I've also got a page about Baby Wearing and EC...so next baby along, skip some diapers altogether!
http://www.parttimediaperfree.com/baby-wearing-carriers-sling-wrap.htm

Baby Wearing is a great way to skip diapers...