Thursday, May 28, 2009

Potty Training SOS


I'm trying to potty train Kaelin and I'd love to have her daytime trained by the time the new baby is here! EDD 7-9-09...not sure if that will happen or not.

We started out with Pull Up like diapers and quickly switched to Gerber cloth trainers. I thought these would be more economical and word work better to train her...and they do! I quickly learned that Kaelin wouldn't tell me AT ALL if she went pee pee in her Pull Ups...it probably felt just like a diaper to her and keep her dry. When she went pee pee in her cloth trainers, she would come and tell me, "Mommy pee pee!" At first I got excited because I thought she was telling me that she had to go potty...but no, she was telling me that she already went.

She seems to do best when we are out, shockingly enough...I have been taking her out in cloth and she stays dry. It's when we're home that she has accidents (on a good day, 2).

One problem I seem to have is getting her to empty her bladder. Sometimes she is in such a rush to finish and please me, that the second she gets any pee in the potty, she stops peeing and jumps up saying, "I went pee pee!" I try to get her to sit back down and go some more, but she always insists that she is done and thats all she has. It's often after these teeny, tiny amounts of pee pee in the potty, that we will have an accident.

ANY and all potty training helps and hints are appreciated! I'm thinking of trying the 3 day naked method, but am not sure I can last three days straight at home!

5 comments:

Kymber said...

When my sister potty trained Bella, she would do the fast pee pee too! we had to encourage her with the word more...go more pee pee! That seemed to work! She is now daytime potty trained....good luck!

Heather @ Not a DIY Life said...

I haven't started PTing with Ladybug yet, so I don't have any advice to give. But I'm glad to hear a good report about the cloth trainers. That's what I want to use. Actually, I'm posting about it tomorrow.

I think it's a process. There are so many steps involved in going potty independently. Something we take for granted!

Good luck!

Missy said...

I think it sounds like she is doing great! It is a long process, she will get it after a while! Keep up the good work!

Earthy Mama said...

It definitely sounds like she's on her way ;) My dd was cloth diapered and pt'ed super early- I think pull-ups cause kids to train really, really late. I always tell moms trying to pt to go cloth. :) My daughter started out being really good when we were out and about, and accidents at home too. It's a process, and it sounds like she's getting there!

Danielle said...

wish I coud help- we are figuring things out too. E doesn't do too well when we are out. She is doing well at home when I sit her down-but we still have quite a few accidents. She is bare butt almost all day so that if she goes I whisk her off to the potty. It all depends on her modds these days.