Friday, January 21, 2011

ERGO Baby Features I LOVE!!



I do love my ERGO Baby Carriers! My favorite is the orignal. But it has to be an organic original. I wasn't always a fan of the ERGO. When I first got mine, I thought that it was just too much carrier for me. I thought it was stiff and bulky. But then, I "upgraded" to an organic ERGO Baby Carrier and was in LOVE! The organic carrier was so much softer and nicer than the non organic. HUGE difference! Ever since I've gotten that organic one, I've only come to love the ERGO more and more.

You ask what do I love about the ERGO Baby Carriers? Ah! A LOT! I love the straps! Yes, I didn't at first, but I came to love them as they offere a ton of support and do a great job of distributing the weight of the baby.

I also love the seat darts. Many people complain that the back of the ERGO isn't as "tall" as the back of other carriers, and it's not. But since the ERGO has a nice, deep seat for the baby to sit in, the height of the back isn't so much of an issue. I really like that my girls are able to be comfortably seated in the ERGO and have their weight distributed throughout their bottoms (the way it should be naturally).

I also love the pocket on the ERGO. It is HUGE! The pocket can hold my wallet, sunglasses and keys no problem. The sleeping hood can also be stowed away on top of the pocket when not being used.

Speaking of the sleeping hood....I have yet to find a baby carrier that has a sleeping hood superior to the ERGO Baby Carrier's sleeping hood. The hood on the ERGO is soft and forms to the baby's head. It snaps into place on the shoulder straps and gently cradles the baby's head while sleeping.

My girls are 18 months and nearly 4 years old now and I still use the ERGO Baby Carrier for both of them comfortably. We have travelled a good bit with it and use it around the house and around town plenty! Great carrier and great investment!

8 comments:

Jenn @ Beautiful Calling said...

Your kitchen looks VERY similar to mine!!
I love my Ergo too though after reading your post, I think I need to try an organic. We have two originals. We also have a new baby coming this spring so softer sounds nicer :)

momintraining said...

Thank you so much for all of this info! We are waiting to bring our baby home from Ethiopia and I have heard wonderful things about the Ergo, but had no idea which one to buy or if it was worth the money. Thanks to your post, I feel much better about this decision!

Amber said...

haha, Jenn about the kitchen! Congrats on the new baby coming! And the organics are sooo nice! Maybe sell one of your non organics to start funding a super soft yummy organic?

@momintraining - Congratulations on the new baby in waiting! That is so excited to see God bringing her or him into your life! And wearing the new little one in an ERGO will be fantastic for bonding and so many other benefits, too! Let me know if I can help you find an ERGO! : )

Danielle said...

Now I want an Organic Ergo!

Danielle said...

I use my Ergo EVERY single day. I love that carrier.- wait..are you expecting?

Amber said...

Hey Danielle!

I'm still going to get with you about the lending library! We've been SO sick the last few days...nope...not expecting...unsure if there will be #3 right now! : )

Nina said...

I loooove my Ergo, too! I wear it every day!
Nina
www.prettylittleproducts.com

Nina said...

I loooove my Ergo, too! I wear it every day!
Nina
www.prettylittleproducts.com