Thursday, March 24, 2011

Babywearing Evolution

This is a guest post and contest entry by Danielle.

I have been a baby wearer for as long as I can remember. I started out wearing a little girl I used to watch in a Bjorn over 10 years ago. Boy have we come a long way in that time! When I used to pack her around I loved the convienience and versatility of it. I also totally adored this little pumpkin and still do.

Now that I have my own children (the oldest just turned 8) baby wearing is essential. In order for me to keep up with my 8 year old son, 2 year old daughter and keep my youngest happy and close, it is a MUST. I find myself wearing him around the house, in the grocery store, out for a walk, running errands. It is a great way for me to keep him close and help him feel totally secure but still have my hands free to wrangle in everyone else and get a few things done. I still use a Bjorn because my littlest is so small; the Bjorn has been easy to use, it is washable and comfortable for me but it's hard for my hubby to wear. I have to admit I have been longing for an ERGO for almost 2 years. The idea that I could continue to pack my pumpkin around with me or my two year old for that matter is absolutely amazing to me! Who wouldn't want the versatility of wearing your baby on the front or on your back. I recently learned more about the Beco and am totally LOVING the features. It seems as though it is so much easier to get a kiddo in and out of it. However I have several friends who rave about the ERGO. Regardless, baby wearing is essential to you and your little pumpkin.

No comments: