Thursday, March 31, 2011

Beco Gemini Review


I have had an amazing experience with Beco Gemini Baby Carrier. Let me start first by saying I debated over many carriers and after searching for a carrier with various carrying options I chose the Beco Gemini. The beauty of this carrier is it has four wonderful positions so it grows with your baby! My son wanted to see what was going on from about 3-6 months. With the front carry facing out position, you have the ability to allow your baby to see the world and still get the feeling of closeness! I took him on various shopping expeditions and he was happy as a clam in the front carry facing out position. When he would get hungry and wanted to nurse I would simply turn him to the forward facing position and nurse him while shopping.

I also have a 3 year old, so this is a wonderful carrier for a mom that needs two hands free to chase another child! The material is amazingly durable, I take it everywhere, the park , the beach, the store! I even carry a 33 pound child in this carrier, and not one stitch has loosened after having it for a year! As my son has grown the carrier has grown with us. The hip carry position is fantastic when your baby is in a cuddling mood and is great even for heavier toddlers. I have been known to put my three year old in it and carrier him around the kitchen after a long day! If you have two children this carrier is a great solution to a cranky baby that you can't put down at the end of the day, you can continue to make dinner and do chores while having two hands free!

If you are an active mom who loves taking walks this is a great choice! My son is now almost a year old and he loves the back carry position and so does my 3 year old! I have walked for miles with him on my back and have had no problems! If you have back problems you don't have to worry with this carrier, I have used other carriers and the Beco Gemini is the only one that has not affected my back! I would consider myself petite and this has been a perfect fit for me! I have also found that an investment in a great carrier is on of the greatest gifts you can give yourself and your child. With my first child I was a part time babywearer because I had not yet discovered the perfect carrier and with my second child I was fortunate enough to find Heavenly Hold and the perfect carrier for my second son. Now I am a full time babywearing mom and my two sons are happier because of it!

This was a guest post by Abbi.

1 comment:

Alex Men said...

Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info.
baby carriers for hiking