Monday, August 22, 2011

Babywearing While Pregnant


Is it possible to babywear while pregnant?

Yes!! Absolutely! Most definitely! The little one you wear while pregnant will still receive all the wonderful benefits of babywearing, and you'll also still be able to enjoy the free hands! I'm currently 22 weeks pregnant with my third daughter and I'm still constantly wearing my second daughter that is 2 years old (and heavy!).

Some people believe that medically, babywearing while pregnant may not safe. I am not a doctor, so please consult your doctor before making your own decision...but I am a Mom! And I've done plenty of babywearing while preggo!



In fact, in this picture, I was 39 weeks and 5 days pregnant with my second daughter. I am wearing my first daughter on my back in a soft structured carrier. She was 2.5 years at the time.

There are many ways to wear while pregnant. Some ladies like to wear a Mei Tai and tie it above their belly. What was most comfortable for me, was to wear a soft structured carrier and buckle the waist low, beneath my belly, nice and snug!

Happy Babywearing!

3 comments:

Susie said...

Thanks for this! I did some babywearing when I was around 36 weeks (when I was still in my newbie days) and tried it above the belly. I'll have to try below this time around. I'm 7 weeks so I'm still wearing my 2 1/2 year old the way I have been. But I know soon I won't be able to tie it across my belly. Timely post!

Melissa said...

Congrats Amber! :D I never did much baby wearing until after my second was born but I would think it would be good support for that growing belly to have a strap below the belly...plus, carrying around another little one is good exercise!

California Callieh said...

Hi! Enjoy all the steps of being pregnant, and the baby wearing that you do. Congrats!